- The capital of Japan is Tokyo
- The Ainu are a group of Japan's original people.
- Japan consists of four main islands. Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku.
- Sumo wrestlers will never clean their loin cloths if they are on a winning
- The official language of Japan is Japanese.
- The official name of Japan is Nippon or Nihon (source of the sun)
- The nation anthem of Japan is the "Kimigayo" (The reign of our
- The Japanese flag was adopted in 1854.
- The area of Japan is 145,870 square miles.
- The four main Islands are Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku.
- Highest mountain- Mont. Fuji, 12,388 ft. above sea level. The lowest- sea level
- The cities of Tokyo and Kyoto contain the same letters being o, o, k, t,
- 60 out of 150 major volcanoes in Japan are active.
- Japanese people read right to left instead of left to right.
- Many lakes lie in the craters of extinct volcanoes.
- Most of the rivers in Japan are used to irrigate farmlands.
- Although baseball is not a native sport of Japan it is equally as popular
there as it is in our country.
- Nihon is the Japanese name for their country